20 September, 2016

kuh_leel comments on Graphic video: Tulsa Police footage from fatal shooting of unarmed Terence Crutcher

kuh_leel comments on Graphic video: Tulsa Police footage from fatal shooting of unarmed Terence Crutcher: "I'm 26, and I still don't drive. My friends like to tease me about it, and yeah, some of that is a natural hatred for the DMV. But I've also CHOSE to live in cities and work careers that allow me to not need to drive. I don't let myself admire the architecture of the beautiful houses in my neighborhood too long so nobody calls the cops on someone suspicious casing the place. I slow down or cross the street when I find myself walking behind someone. I make sure my hands are out of my pockets when around cops. I always make sure to wear my college alma mater sweatshirt when I travel. I'm constantly terrified of putting on weight - not just b/c I want to be healthy, but because the only thing the people find scarier than a black guy is a huge black guy. I always keep my hands clasped behind my back when in stores so the employees don't trail me quite as closely. I never ever, ever yell or lose my temper in public.
"



'via Blog this'