Originally, I responded paragraph by paragraph to this article by Trump's non-economist economics team. However, I think it makes more sense to respond to a few thematic points instead. They are:
- A litany of bad statistics, including the claim crime is going up.
- Blaming political opponents for demographic trends.
- Ignoring negative extrenalities for energy production.
- Arguing that increasing infrastructure spending would lower economic growth.
- Advocating for actual mercantilism in current century.
- Engaging in magical thinking on tax cuts and ignoring the need for deficit neutral policy evaluations.
'via Blog this'