20 August, 2017

Mother of two black and three white kids' post on racism is a must read

Mother of two black and three white kids' post on racism is a must read:

Do coffee shop employees interrogate your children about the credit card they are using to pay while you are in the bathroom? They don't interrogate my white kids. When your kids go for trick-or-treat, dressed as a Ninja and a clown, do they get asked who they are with and where they live, door-after-door? My white kids don't get asked.
Do your kids get pulled out of the TSA line time and again for additional screening? My white kids don't.
Do your kids get treated one way when they are standing alone but get treated a completely different way when you walk up? I mean a completely different way. My white kids don't.
Do shoe sales people ask if your kids' feet are clean before sizing them for shoes? No one ask my white kids that. Do complete strangers ask to touch your child's hair? Or ask if they are "from druggies"? No one does this with my white kids.
Do you have to tell your kids not to fight back because they will be seen as aggressive if they stand up for themselves?


'via Blog this'