13 August, 2017

Mother Of Charlottesville Victim Heather Heyer: 'I’m Proud Of What She Did' | HuffPost

Mother Of Charlottesville Victim Heather Heyer: 'I’m Proud Of What She Did' | HuffPost:

“I think he’s still very young, and I’m sorry he believed that hate could fix problems. Hate only brings more hate,” Bro said. “Heather was not about hate, Heather was about stopping hatred. Heather was about bringing an end to injustice.
She began to cry as she added, “I don’t want her death to be a focus for more hatred, I want her death to be a rallying cry for justice and equality and fairness and compassion. I’m very sorry that [Fields] chose that path because he has now ruined his life as well as robbed a great many of us of someone we love very much.”
“No mother wants to lose a child, but I’m proud of her,” she said. “I’m proud of what she did.”


'via Blog this'