26 April, 2017

On the off-campus housing process: Challenging the status quo to bridge the athlete/non-athlete divide – The Williams Record

On the off-campus housing process: Challenging the status quo to bridge the athlete/non-athlete divide – The Williams Record: "I don’t know what that’s like from the non-athlete perspective, but I do know that creating divisions and misconceptions about that “other” group is never good for the fabric of a community. My group of friends and I have been called racists, rapists and homophobes multiple times by people we don’t know. This doesn’t make us victims, and I think the benefits we get from our willing participation in an unfair system fostered much of this divide. But a school, or a community, or a world where everybody is susceptible to feeling like they are from an unwanted group is a breeding ground for fear and anger, a place where empathy goes to die.

"



'via Blog this'