13 April, 2017

My Dad worked with many Mexican folks over the years, both legal and illegal, and his story breaks my heart. : offmychest

My Dad worked with many Mexican folks over the years, both legal and illegal, and his story breaks my heart. : offmychest:

I was an undocumented immigrant until I was 18 years old. My mom works as a housekeeper and my dad works in construction doing brick masonry. They paid for my college education, my apartment rent, and even put in a little extra so I could go out and have fun. All while taking care of a mortgage, bills, and my other siblings. The majority of my friends have always been wealthy white people and my mom is well aware. She would make little comments that would break my heart like "I'm sorry I can't afford to give you what their parents give them." Or the worst one "Sometimes I wonder if you're embarrassed that I clean other people's toilets for a living." You have no idea how many times I would have to tell her how fucking proud I am to be their daughter. I have absolutely no shame in what my parents do because I know they worked their asses off to get me to where I am today, an IT Sys Admin.
Please tell your father that he is an amazing man. At the end of the day, all we want is what other people receive without question...respect. And if his workers acted the way they did, its because they respect the fuck out of your dad because he has shown them respect too. Mexicans are all about honor. And let me tell you, your dad is as honorable as they come.


'via Blog this'