02 October, 2016

Donald Trump’s Pathetic Fraternity - The New York Times

Donald Trump’s Pathetic Fraternity - The New York Times:

But while those events explain his diminished political fortunes and failed presidential campaign, they didn’t force him into his current role as a prime defender of an indefensible man. I looked up two weeks ago and he was on CNN, peddling the brazen lie that Donald Trump hadn’t spent the last five years raising questions about President Obama’s birthplace. He radiated insincerity. He oozed subservience.
The Trump campaign has shown me many things that I never thought I’d see and others that I’d never seen so clearly, including the readiness of power-hungry men to trade dignity for relevance and swap pride for a place at the table, even if the table is a despicable one.


'via Blog this'