28 March, 2018

black05pr3y comments on The Machismo Filler - GZCL

black05pr3y comments on The Machismo Filler - GZCL:

The high school had their four performances of Les Miserables over this past weekend. It was a huge production, with a cast of 40+ people, a professional pit orchestra, and all the bells and whistles. My son played Gavroche, a big part for a little guy, with four solos and a big spoiler for those who aren't familiar with the musical. As I sat in the audience on Saturday night, I was overcome by the amount of talent, hard work, and dedication I was watching up on stage. Everyone was putting everything they had into putting on a great performance. Once my son hit the stage, it really hit me. He was shining up there on stage, brighter than I had ever seen him shine on a wrestling mat.
In the end, I realized who am I to judge what is more manly for my son to be doing with his time? What right do I have to try tying him to what I think is best for him when it's obvious he's got things under control?


'via Blog this'