11 February, 2018

Xirema comments on One of my all time favorite lines, and the reason I love this show.

Xirema comments on One of my all time favorite lines, and the reason I love this show.:

If I make a racist joke,

  • should not be arrested for it,
  • but I might get heckled/booed/receive angry tweets,
  • I might be no longer invited to perform at that function/hang out with that circle of friends
  • I might face professional consequences (because your company might not want to be associated with you anymore)
  • and I definitely don't have the moral high ground to complain that everyone who got upset are just thin skinned/didn't 'get it'/snowflakes/SJW's/whatever.
  • and if it was on accident, or I didn't personally see the joke as offensive/racist, I should be receptive to the people who did get upset, and try to understand their perspective, even if I don't ultimately agree with it.


'via Blog this'