08 November, 2016

An Open Letter to the Democrats | The Resurgent

An Open Letter to the Democrats | The Resurgent:

But here’s the thing — in 2008, Republicans, myself included, freaked the hell out over Barack Obama getting elected. I said many terrible things I regret and for which I have apologized. Don’t be like I was then. The internet is even more forever now than it was then.
You wanted us to wish President Obama well then. I hope you will wish President Trump well now. I have always, even when I genuinely could not stand the man, respected President Obama as my President. I hope you will do the same with President Trump.
Our nation depends on our moving past disagreements and working together as Americans. Many of you said as much in the past week when you thought Trump would never win. I hope you will continue to believe it.
We are not always going to agree. Sometimes the fights will be intense. But at the end of the day we’re all Americans and we all have a vested interest in the success of our country.


'via Blog this'