22 August, 2015

Understanding Why Your Parents Suck [serious] : teenagers

Understanding Why Your Parents Suck [serious] : teenagers: "When I was in college, I had a friend who was 30, he told me how he wished he could be back in school. I thought he was insane. Going to school full time and also working full time was HARD. But see, at age 20 I had 20-year-old sized problems.



They were the same size as me. He was 30. He’s imagining going back and being 30 and having to deal with 20-year-old sized problems. Easy peasy.
But life doesn’t work that way.
Me, I recognize my daughter has 8-year-old sized problems, and I’ve got 40-year-old sized problems. Sure, her problems aren’t a big deal to ME. I’ve already been that age. But they are just as big to HER as mine are to ME.
Nearly all parents I know don’t understand this at all."



'via Blog this'