29 September, 2017

theinfamousj comments on What mistake do many parents do that end up messing up their kid?

theinfamousj comments on What mistake do many parents do that end up messing up their kid?: "Having prop kids. And by this I mean having kids because that is what everyone is doing and you need some to show off in Christmas cards so that you can successfully check them off on the checklist of having kept up with the Joneses. That's where nannies like me come in. We are hired to deal with the kids in between occasions when they are trotted out for show. So damaging. Don't do this. I cry for those children, and they cry for themselves as well. (NB: I only worked for one family in my career who had prop kids, and refuse to do it any more because I cannot handle the emotional strain of it. But every one of my professional buddies can point to one or more families they have worked for that have prop kids. It happens a lot.)
"



'via Blog this'