16 September, 2017

The Week My Husband Left And My House Was Burgled I Secured A Grant To Begin The Project That Became BRCA1 | HuffPost UK

The Week My Husband Left And My House Was Burgled I Secured A Grant To Begin The Project That Became BRCA1 | HuffPost UK:

So Emily and my mother and I were standing in the line, and I said, “Mom, can you make it down to your plane on your own?” Bear in mind, there were no checkpoints in those days, but there were, of course, very long corridors.
She said, “No.”
So I said to Emily, “I’m going to need to go with Grandmom down to her plane.”
And my mother shrieked, “You can’t leave that child here alone!” (Fair enough.)
Suddenly this unmistakable voice above and behind me said, “Emily and I will be fine.”
I turned around to the man standing behind us, and I said, “Thank you.”
My mother looked at me and said, “You can’t leave Emily with a total stranger.”
And I said, “Mom, if you can’t trust Joe DiMaggio, who can you trust?”


'via Blog this'