03 July, 2017

I was a trauma nurse in Afghanistan. This is what I think about on Memorial Day. : MilitaryStories

I was a trauma nurse in Afghanistan. This is what I think about on Memorial Day. : MilitaryStories: "As we covered his body, I thought about his family at home and wondered what they were doing at this time. The family was not aware of the events taking place and would soon be greeted by soldiers in the Army’s Dress Blue Uniform informing them the status of their child and fiancé. I was lightheaded, my arms shook from the adrenaline flowing through my veins. When we finished, I left the operating room to get a breath of the cold mountain air. I walked out of the building through a mass of soldiers wondering why we were leaving the operating room so soon. I stepped out behind the building and behind some connexes where days before I'd incinerated a leg, fell to my knees, and wept.
"



'via Blog this'