23 November, 2014

Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my Bill Cosby allegations? - Chicago Tribune

Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my Bill Cosby allegations? - Chicago Tribune: I have never received any money from Bill Cosby and have not asked for it. I have nothing to gain by continuing to speak out. He can no longer be charged for his crimes against me because the statute of limitations is long past. That is also wrong. There should be no time limits on reporting these crimes, and one of my goals is to call for legislation to that end. Famous and wealthy perpetrators use their power to shame and silence their victims. It often takes years for young women to overcome those feeling and gain the confidence to come forward (by which point physical evidence is long gone). Our legal system shouldn't silence them a second time.