13 October, 2014

‘A teenage girl bled to death over two days’: Ebola nurses describe life and death on the frontline | World news | The Guardian

‘A teenage girl bled to death over two days’: Ebola nurses describe life and death on the frontline | World news | The Guardian: I am worried about the backlash against healthcare workers who are responding to the crisis in West Africa. I have heard media reports calling for people such as me who have been treating Ebola patients to be quarantined for 21 or even 42 days. These ideas are not based on the medical facts. People only need to be quarantined if they are showing symptoms and if you do not have a fever, there is no risk of you transmitting Ebola to someone. We work really hard here, the hours are long and the work is physically and emotionally tiring. When we get time off every six weeks, I would like to think I can travel anywhere I want to but I suspect we are reaching a situation where I am not going to be welcome in many places.