31 January, 2014

Dear OutKast | Opinion | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Dear OutKast | Opinion | Creative Loafing Atlanta: Now to the point of my humble grumble: This is not a narrow-minded rant from a provincial fan who's pissed because his favorite group is coming with it and he didn't get a backstage pass. OK, maybe it is. But with good intention, I assure you. I know it's too early to confirm so forgive me for drawing any premature conclusions, but word on the curb is y'all ain't playing a show in Atlanta? And I'm sorry, but CounterPoint just doesn't count. The closest scheduled festival OutKast is headlining can't be an hour outside metro Atlanta. Don't get it twisted; I've already purchased my ticket. But for the original ATLiens to do a flyover without touching down in Atlantis, well, that's like E.T. forgetting to phone home.