20 November, 2020

Funkyouup82 on COVID

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jxjlyl/this_picture_is_hitting_me_hard_right_now/gcxi0on/

 I am a CCU nurse who worked the covid floor of our hospital on and off for three months. I contracted the virus two weeks ago and yesterday discovered I have a pulmonary embolism. I'm 14 days in, struggling to breathe and struggling to stay alive. This is all anecdotal, I'm a nobody on the internet but I beg you please wear your mask, please follow the guidelines. For what it is worth i began to feel fine but yesterday morning had some chest pain and spiked a fever. My HR was in the 140s and I my O2 in the high 80s by the time the ambulance got me I had dropped to 77%. I felt like I was suffocating and was powerless. I'm in my 30s, I work out and have no comorbidities. I'm responding to meds but I had a 40 year old patient die a few weeks ago so I've seen first hand what can happen and now I'm living and potentially dying in my own hellish reality. Again, you don't have to believe me I'm a nobody on the internets and this comment will be lost but I beg you please do what's right. If you don't wear your mask, don't follow the guidelines you are the reason me and 11 million in this country are sick and why a quarter of a million are dead. I don't want to die. I'm alone and I just want to see my wife and kids. Im suffocating and I'm scared and it could have been prevented.