21 October, 2015

Teacher: I’ve loved my ‘very difficult’ job. But now Ohio has made it ‘impossible.’ - The Washington Post

Teacher: I’ve loved my ‘very difficult’ job. But now Ohio has made it ‘impossible.’ - The Washington Post:\With this in mind, I would like to extend an invitation to all of you. This is an opportunity to start helping kids in Ohio instead of hurting them. I invite you to please obtain a teaching license and get a teaching job in an Ohio public school. I invite you to do what you ask of us. I invite you to work 12 hours per day. Teach without any quality training in dealing with the behaviors present in kids today. Teach to all of the standards with a laughable lack of resources. Look into the eyes of your students as you tell them that they need to take yet another test that you know isn’t doing anyone any good. Clean your room every evening because of the lack of funds to pay enough custodians. Give up every Sunday so that you can do data analysis, Ohio Teacher Evaluation System nonsense and other assorted garbage. Try to explain to your own kids that this is just part of your job.




'via Blog this'