17 May, 2015

IRS Seized $107,000 From Him. He’s Fighting to Get It Back.

IRS Seized $107,000 From Him. He’s Fighting to Get It Back.:

Then, the agents told the small business owner something that shook
him to his core: The Internal Revenue Service had seized all of the
money in L&M’s bank account: $107,702.66.


“‘Are you telling me you took my money?’” McLellan recalled asking
the agents. “I didn’t understand what was going on. They dropped a bomb
on me. I was lost for five to 10 minutes. I can’t believe that y’all
guys can walk in here and tell me y’all took every bit of my money out
of the bank.”


After law enforcement cleared McLellan’s store, he drove to Lumbee
Guaranty Bank. The agents had been there hours earlier and emptied his
account, McLellan recalled, walking out of the building with a cashier’s
check.


McLellan walked out of the bank with nothing.