12 February, 2015

Chapel Hill shooting: My best friend was killed and I don't know why -- Fusion

Chapel Hill shooting: My best friend was killed and I don't know why -- Fusion:

Deep down everyone in this community knows it was a hate crime. But how do you prove it?




I have so many questions for him.




She’s so young. Would you not let her blossom a bit more? What went
through your mind? I mean, as you pulled the trigger you clearly killed
people. You killed one, then you killed a second time, a third time. And
you walked away from the scene. You took three young people. I don’t
know if he has kids but how could you do that to someone’s child? And
then just walk away. What is his motive? I wonder what would have
happened if we were there? Would he have killed us all, since we were a
bunch of hijabis? I can’t imagine. I have so many questions I don’t know
how to word them all. And I want to know exactly what happened, all the
details. I need to know.