28 June, 2017

I am the only living person who has arranged a confidence and supply agreement with a minority government – this is what they’re really like | The Independent

I am the only living person who has arranged a confidence and supply agreement with a minority government – this is what they’re really like | The Independent:

I am the only person living who has arranged a confidence and supply arrangement in the House of Commons, which is why I look on the present one with considerable misgiving. In 1977, I led 14 Liberal MPs into an agreement with James Callaghan’s Labour Party, when he fell short of an overall majority after the general election.
The first thing to note is that such an arrangement is far from being a coalition, and the tail should not expect to wag the dog.


'via Blog this'