18 September, 2014

Nate Silver Really Regrets His Prediction On Scottish Independence Vote

Nate Silver Really Regrets His Prediction On Scottish Independence Vote: Nate Silver admits that he committed one of his own cardinal sins last year when he dismissed the chances of a campaign for Scottish independence.

"When I was in Scotland last year on a book tour, a reporter asked me an off-handed question about the referendum and I provided an off-handed answer despite not really having spent any time studying it," Silver told TPM in an email on Thursday. "That's not usually my style, and I regret the error of having behaved like a television pundit."

Anyone familiar with Silver's media criticism knows that a comparison to a pundit is about the most damning indictment the polling guru can render.