21 May, 2018

Meghan Markle On Her Biracial Identity - Actress Meghan Markle Discusses Being Half Black Half White

Meghan Markle On Her Biracial Identity - Actress Meghan Markle Discusses Being Half Black Half White: "Navigating closed-mindedness to the tune of a dorm mate I met my first week at university who asked if my parents were still together. 'You said your mom is black and your dad is white, right?' she said. I smiled meekly, waiting for what could possibly come out of her pursed lips next. 'And they're divorced?' I nodded. 'Oh, well that makes sense.' To this day, I still don't fully understand what she meant by that, but I understood the implication. And I drew back: I was scared to open this Pandora's box of discrimination, so I sat stifled, swallowing my voice."



'via Blog this'