06 September, 2017

Steve Harvey Interview: "I'm Not Going to Apologize" for That Leaked Memo | Hollywood Reporter

Steve Harvey Interview: "I'm Not Going to Apologize" for That Leaked Memo | Hollywood Reporter:

It's, "Look, I'm OK with you loving the Confederate flag. I'm OK with you loving them statues. Maybe people had great grandfathers who fought in the Civil War and they want to continue to honor them. Well, that's great. But see, I pay taxes, and I don't want to pay taxes to raise the flag every morning and then cut the grass around it and wipe the pigeon poop off the statue. So take all them statues and that flag and put it in your own museum. Then all the hillbillies can go there and cry in front of the flag at the feet of General Lee and howl and just have a great time. But it can't be at the park. You can't have the Confederate flag waving when I'm outside trying to have a picnic." And you handle it that way because I'm OK with people preserving history, for whatever their reason. It may not be the right reason for me, but if it's right for them, cool. But put it in a museum. Black people got museums. Jewish people got a museum. Get your ass a museum.



'via Blog this'