05 May, 2016

GregoryGoose comments on Why isn't it ok to be average?

GregoryGoose comments on Why isn't it ok to be average?: "
The fact of the matter is that I have a steel pod that lets me travel 65mph and traverse hundreds of miles. I have clean air, water, unspoiled food that I didn't have to even make. I have a bicycle for my mind that lets me express myself in ways that man was unable to for most of recorded history and an audience of thousands subscribed to see what I make. On a daily basis I get to watch cinematic productions that cost millions of dollars to produce. I can role-play with millions of people across the globe in virtual realities. I can, at a moments notice anywhere in the world, talk to people I know, wherever they are. I will likely live to see 90.
Kings never lived like this. Presidents never lived like this. Yet I am apparently barely scraping by.
I could work harder and get a better steel pod. A faster mind-bicycle. A bigger castle. But in the end, if I can't be happy with the amazing life I have right now, what hope is there that any of that is going to help. If my peers could get off my back I think I'd be okay."



'via Blog this'