18 May, 2016

A warning against Trump, after meeting him

A warning against Trump, after meeting him: "I recently met Donald Trump in a private meeting with other conservative leaders. My conclusions:

All he talked about to this sophisticated, educated and successful group of people was how well he was doing in the polls. There was not one piece of substance. Even when asked deeper questions, all he did was redirect it to popular red-meat talking points (for the “right” at least).



Even more disturbing? These people, many of whom I count as friends, were eating it up.

I left experiencing two feelings: deep concern and vindication of what I have been saying for years – in many ways, the conservative movement has been just as corrupted by our degraded culture as anyone else, it just doesn’t realize it, because it assumes that its positions on political issues is all it needs to be counted righteous."



'via Blog this'