04 May, 2015

Climate change alarmist: Optimistic, realistic, not na�ve assessment of global warming.

Climate change alarmist: Optimistic, realistic, not na�ve assessment of global warming.









As a scientist and journalist, I’m not supposed to have
emotions. I’m supposed to calmly report researchers’ findings as if my
family and I weren’t also being affected. But looking at the data in as
much detail as I have, it’s impossible not to be alarmed. On an average
day, I’m also disgusted, terrified, and angry.







So why aren’t more people outraged?







Few things are more important to human life than the
environment, but hundreds of generations of experience have baked in a
reasonable assurance that the future will be approximately like the
past.







For the first time in human history, it won’t.