03 April, 2018

Jimmy Carter: 'We never dropped a bomb. We never fired a bullet. We never went to war' | US news | The Guardian

Jimmy Carter: 'We never dropped a bomb. We never fired a bullet. We never went to war' | US news | The Guardian: "Rosalynn has been quoted as saying that, had her husband bombed Tehran, he would have been re-elected. I put this to Carter. "That's probably true. A lot of people thought that. But it would probably have resulted in the death of maybe tens of thousands of Iranians who were innocent, and in the deaths of the hostages as well. In retrospect I don't have any doubt that I did the right thing. But it was not a popular thing among the public, and it was not even popular among my own advisers inside the White House. Including my wife."

"



'via Blog this'