06 November, 2017

PTSD--throwaway comments on Witnesses: Several people shot at church in Sutherland Springs

PTSD--throwaway comments on Witnesses: Several people shot at church in Sutherland Springs:

After I got shot, I stalked news coverage of my shooting and read every comment. I kept hoping someone would just tell me what to do. On the very slim chance you, person who is reading this right now, was at the scene or knows someone who was:
Whoever you are, I remember what today feels like, and how alone and overwhelmed you must feel. You are not alone. There are--sadly--thousands of us shooting survivors around, and we are all rooting for you to get through this. You're going to have a tough one to six months, but I promise you, it will get better.
On to a little bit of advice.


'via Blog this'